Thursday, June 5, 2014

I Said I Wanted a Revolution


Writing and sharing “Fired & Hired,” the post about Tyler losing his job and the reasons why it wasn’t exactly the worst thing, proved to be an interesting experiment. I had this opportunity to say everything that was on my mind and I said it. All. After clicking “Publish,” I waited for that satisfying feeling, a sigh of relief and peace. But it never came.

You know that time in 7th grade when you hear that your friend has said something nasty about you and you decide to stand up for yourself, you tell her what’s what and then you spend the entire bus ride home replaying the conversation, including all the things you should have said? Be grateful you never had a chance to say those mean things, because it wouldn’t have made you feel any better.

I won’t be deleting or changing anything I’ve said because I sincerely hope that things get better and these problems resolve. And, dang it, no one else was doing anything about it! But, in the future, when I’m feeling very “Damn the Man” and want to start a revolution, I think I’ll choose a less belittling forum to express my concerns.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment